In one of our Motherhood Circles one mom shared how she is feeling more connected to her partner since they started a weekly check-in (affectionately called a love-in). Everyone wanted ALL THE DETAILS so here they are!
Sit together for a few minutes every Sunday (or whatever day of the week works best for you) and go through these four steps:
1. A brief meditation - could be 30 seconds of quiet, or a quick guided meditation if you have more time.
2. Praise & Gratitude - each person offers praise & gratitude for the other.
3. Air grievances - exactly what it sounds like: talking about current issues/challenges.
4. The week ahead - looking at your calendar(s) together to see what is coming up and how to get through it together.
5. Physical touch - spend some time connecting physically.
Let us know if you try it and how it works!
Thoughts on pregnancy, birth and motherhood.